This Page

has been moved to new address

Music Review: Not My Kind of People by Garbage

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Written Rhapsody: Music Review: Not My Kind of People by Garbage

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Music Review: Not My Kind of People by Garbage

Track List:
1.Automatic Systematic Habit
2.Big Bright World
3.Blood for Poppies
4.Control
5.Not Your Kind of People
6.Felt
7.I Hate Love
8.Sugar
9.Battle In Me
10.Man on a Wire
11.Beloved Freak






Garbage finally releases another album after seven whole years! I'll admit that I wasn't a big rock(if you can even put them in this genre) fan back in the day, but this album has a definite 90's feel while mixing a bit of genres that are heard now.

All the songs on this album were written and produced by members of the band, giving this album a more personal feel. Picking up music trends of the past, Not Your Kind of People does what Garbage does best; gives you a bit of everything.

Opening with "Automatic System Habit" Garbage gives something that can easily be a song played in clubs today for a party atmosphere when mixing electro-charged beats with Shirley Manson's synthesized voice. Later tracks like "Control" and "Sugar", settles into a more familiar Garbage sound. With its dark lyrics, it seems as though no time has really passed for the band between albums.

Though Not Your Kind of People is reminiscent of older albums, Garbage's influence on bands today feels pretty evident. However, this album shows that no matter what has or will come out in the past, present and future, Garbage has a way of mixing different genres that no one else can do.

This album is great for any fan looking for that old Garbage sound, or new fans looking for something a bit different than music of today. With fast and melancholy songs back-to-back, this is an album people should have for those off days when you're looking for a change.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At May 24, 2012 at 11:16 AM , Blogger Amanda said...

I feel like I need to go back in time and rescue you from all boy bands and make you listen to Garbage and and and and all of the other glorious alternative/punk/rock 90s bands that you missed. :O My heart weeps.

 
At May 24, 2012 at 11:33 PM , Blogger Krista said...

New follower for the feature follow like your blog
Krista
http://bookreviewclub.blogspot.com/2012/05/this-is-blog-hop-please-read-rules.html

 
At May 25, 2012 at 1:45 AM , Blogger Sarah Elizabeth said...

I can't believe that it is 7 years since Garbage released an album! That is crazy!
I have to say that 2.0 is still one of my favourite albums of all time. It just never gets old for me!
Going to check this out!
Sarah :)

 
At May 25, 2012 at 11:57 AM , Blogger Preet said...

I really need to listen to their older albums. I've always heard great things. I love how all these 90's bands are releasing albums!

 
At May 26, 2012 at 10:40 AM , Anonymous Jess@The Secret DMS Files of Fairday Morrow said...

Great review! I look forward to checking out this album. My how time flies!

 
At May 26, 2012 at 11:18 AM , Blogger Preet said...

I know, right? This makes me feel older than I should.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home