This Page

has been moved to new address

Music Notes: Dirty Work by All Time Low

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Written Rhapsody: Music Notes: Dirty Work by All Time Low

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Music Notes: Dirty Work by All Time Low


I Feel Like Dancin' by Interscope Records

Okay, I will start off this post by stating from the beginning that I already absolutely love All Time Low. I have been a fan for a few years now and have been waiting patiently for this album to come out. With all the delays for the release of the album, it's been a painful wait to hear what their new sound would be like. I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets a little sad when a smaller artist goes to a major label. Obviously, I'm super happy they're getting the popularity they deserve, but a small part of me can't help but be sad for them no longer being that band barely anyone knows about. Hearing the few songs they've released previous to the launch of the cd, I was having mixed feelings. "Under a Paper Moon" didn't do much for me when I first heard it. It could've been the poor quality of all the YouTube videos of live performances I watched, but I was initially disappointed. Then we officially had "I Feel Like Dancing" release weeks ago and I can't get enough of it. Every time I hear it I get a goofy smile on my face and start bopping my head to it. I don't think they could've chosen a better song for their first official release to promote this cd. Coupled with the video, I think it totally fits who they are with their off beat humor and recent complaints of them moving to different labels because of 'selling out'.

Finally being able to listen to the songs from the album, I'm so happy they were able to keep their sound. They still have the wordplay on some of their lyrics and the heart-wrenching slower tunes I've come to love throughout their albums."Daydream Away" for me, is one of those songs where you just want to lay in the grass with the sun out and have some time to yourself.

Most importantly of all, of course, are the songs I can dance around like a dork and sing at the top of my lungs to, which this album seems to be full of. Songs like, "Just The Way I'm Not","Forget About It" and "Return The Favor" continuously have me looking around to see if anyone's around before I sing aloud to my hearts content. The song making me most giddy is "Heroes" because I feel it to be most reminiscent of their older albums. This cd will definitely be on continuous play for the next few weeks. 
Check Them Out

Current Favorite Album Lyric:





You're just a daydream away
I wouldn't know what to say if I had you
And I'll keep you a daydream away
Just watch from a safe place
So I never have to lose
 

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At June 9, 2011 at 4:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've only listened to the single..which I actually bought awhile back. I fail. :P


Amanda
Letters Inside Out

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home