This Page

has been moved to new address

Masquerade Read-Along Week # 1

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Written Rhapsody: Masquerade Read-Along Week # 1

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Masquerade Read-Along Week # 1

If you were disfigured like Heven (by some sort of accident) do you think you would have reacted the same way as her? (loss of self confidence, hiding yourself, etc)

A: I think her reaction is definitely understandable under her circumstances, but I don't think I'd be a as down as she was. I understand vanity is important to her, but I think she let it control her life too much.


Do you think that Kimber’s plan for revenge against Cole (for kissing another girl) is a good idea?

A: Worst idea ever! For a girl who loves him, I thought she was pretty immature to do it.


In the beginning chapters, Heven is very drawn to Sam but won’t admit it due to her own insecurities. Kimber begins to “date” Sam… do you think that Heven should have spoken up? Do think Kimber should have seen Heven’s real feelings? 


A: Yes, at some point I think she should've at least hinted to it. However, I can understand why she didn't with her insecurities. Kimber seemed to live in a more positive type of world than Heven, so no I don't think she should've noticed because Heven always acted the same.


Masquerade is broken in four separate POV’s: Heven, Sam, The Hate and The Hope. Do you think having multiple POV’s adds depth to the story? Why or why not? 


A: I think it will later on when things are cleared up. At this point in the book it's just keeps me confused to what is really going on.


A great source of strength for Heven is her grandmother. Who do you think yours is/would be?


A: I think my greatest strength or support system would be my family and friends. I know they're always around for me if I was to ever need that kind of help.

Labels:

10 Comments:

At April 5, 2012 at 9:55 AM , Blogger Cambria said...

Friends and family are really great people to have around!! ;-)
I agree that Kimber does seem to be more positive than Heven.
Thank you for joining in the read along! See you next week! ;-)

 
At April 5, 2012 at 11:19 AM , Blogger Sarah Elizabeth said...

Friends and family are so important. I can't image what it must be like for Sam not having them around.

 
At April 5, 2012 at 11:22 AM , Blogger Jen (@ Jens Book Closet) said...

I totally agree with your number 3! It didn't seem like Heven acted any different, I don't see how Kimber would have noticed.

It's nice having people around who love and support like family and friends. My sister are that way and all 10 siblings are loyal to a fault. It helps make up for others who should, but don't.

 
At April 5, 2012 at 1:32 PM , Blogger Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

So glad you are on the read along. Yep, Agree Kimber is postive and keeps the book entertaining. What would we do without close family and friends. The POVs will make more sense as you go. I hope you are enjoying the book.

 
At April 5, 2012 at 2:33 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I too agree that Heven let vanity control her life too much, but for a pretty and likeable teenage cheerleader I wouldn't expect anything else. I thought she was a bit vain when I read the prequel, Before, but I liked her a lot better after she got her scar.

 
At April 5, 2012 at 3:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Things do get much clearer with the POV's as the story goes on. As for the couple of mysterious POV's, you just have to kind of go with it and know that it will all be crystal clear in the end.
I am so glad that you are participating.

 
At April 5, 2012 at 3:34 PM , Anonymous Amy @ bookgoonie said...

You are right. We don't know enough about Hev to know if she exposed her like of Sam or Kimber was being self-absorbed.

 
At April 5, 2012 at 7:21 PM , Blogger Preet said...

I can't wait to find out more about the other POV's! It's driving me crazy, haha.

 
At April 5, 2012 at 8:26 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I think you are absolutely right about it letting her control her! She had trouble just putting her hair in a pony-tail - I almost never have my hair down and it wouldn't be something I could change just for a scar - but it would be something I would have to get used to.

 
At April 5, 2012 at 11:23 PM , Blogger FICTION STATE OF MIND said...

Im more confused by The Hope Im thinking the Hate knows Cole and is jealous , Great answers

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home