This Page

has been moved to new address

Book Notes: Mayne Attraction-In The Spotlight by Ann Mauren

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Written Rhapsody: Book Notes: Mayne Attraction-In The Spotlight by Ann Mauren

Friday, June 17, 2011

Book Notes: Mayne Attraction-In The Spotlight by Ann Mauren

Mayne Attraction: In The Spotlight"Ellery Mayne is a high school girl who makes a disturbing discovery. After a foiled abduction attempt, she realizes that an entire team of security personnel are secretly shadowing her every move. As she works to make sense of this startling development, she secretly transitions from the one who is being observed to the one who carries out observations of her own, testing the limits of a secret service detail who think they are conducting transparent surveillance on a clueless teenager. When the mystery behind the secret security unravels, Ellery is faced with decisions that involve her future and the hopes of two unlikely love interests: a handsome but conflicted security agent who doesn't realize she knows about him, and her first love--a boy that broke her heart--who has returned to explain his actions and his feelings for her. Told from Ellery's perspective, she puzzles over what could interest not one but two handsome suitors and a whole security force. Suddenly this quiet loner realizes that her life is 'In The Spotlight' and she is the 'Mayne Attraction.' "


I really tried giving this book a chance because I wanted to like it. The premise of the book seemed like it'd be an interesting mystery romance for a change. The prologue was able to grab me fairly quickly and made me want to continue reading to see where the storyline would go. Ellery was a likable character and I enjoyed how Mauren wrote her to be an educated word nerd. Though I enjoyed Mayne's quirky personality, this is pretty much where my compliments end for this book. 


As I read, I kept waiting patiently for the storyline to get going. The interesting prologue seemed to have very little to do with the rest of the book. Finding out she was being watched, you'd think she'd have more questions about it and be weary, but she just seemed to accept it. When the romantic aspects of the story began, I sat thinking I had missed chapters somehow where she explained about her feelings and relationship for the male characters. For being such an educated and seemingly well-rounded character, I found Ellery to be pretty judgmental and immature. 


Though it doesn't usually bother me if there are typos in areas, this book had way too many for me. As I was really bored with the storyline, the typos stood out more and really started annoying me. Overall, I just feel with a little more work this book could be better. There are supposed to be two other books to follow this book in the other points of view, but if it's anything like the first book, I don't see me reading further to see where the storyline goes.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At June 17, 2011 at 9:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm saaaaaddd you didn't like it...but after your little text tidbits it's going to be awhile before I try to read it. Then again, it'd likely have been awhile anyway. lol Way too many books..ahh!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home