This Page

has been moved to new address

Book Notes: Bad Boys Do by Victoria Dahl

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Written Rhapsody: Book Notes: Bad Boys Do by Victoria Dahl

Monday, October 10, 2011

Book Notes: Bad Boys Do by Victoria Dahl

"Olivia Bishop is no fun. That's what her ex-husband said. And that's what her smart bob and glasses imply. So with her trademark determination, Olivia sets out to remake her life. She's going to spend time with her girlfriends and not throw it all away for some man. But when an outing with her book club leads her to a brewery taproom, the dark-haired beauty realizes that trouble—in the form of sexy Jamie Donovan—may be too tempting to avoid.

Jamie Donovan doesn't mean to be bad. Sure, the wild streak in his wicked green eyes has lured the ladies before. Now it's time to grow up. He's even ready for a serious romance. But how can that be when Olivia, the only right woman he has ever met, already has him pegged as wrong?"

I regretted starting this book about a third way through. I wanted to like it and the main characters, but I just couldn't help them annoying me. The story wasn't all that bad. My major issue with the book was the lack of character development and interaction in the beginning. There wasn't much mention of Jamie noticing her at all, but then he suddenly asked her out and it just left me sitting thinking, "Well alright then." I just felt like a lot of the events didn't feel realistic to me. For a very reserved person, Olivia opened up fairly quickly. I also never felt like their relationship developed normally. Sure, they were in lust with each other, but love? No.

I'll credit Dahl with being able to write some pretty steamy scenes. However, maybe it's just me, but there were a lot more sexy time scenes than I needed in this book. I know it's a main objective of the book as it's be a romance type of novel, but I think it got to a point where there was no real radical chemistry or tension between the characters to give me anything to look forward to. 

I wouldn't go to this book if you were looking for a deep type of love story, but if you want something light to get lost into it could work. 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home