This Page

has been moved to new address

Top Spot & FF

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Written Rhapsody: Top Spot & FF

Friday, August 26, 2011

Top Spot & FF


Photobucket




How to play along:
• Pick your favorite read from the current month
• Make a blog post stating your Top Spot pick and share with us why it got the Top Spot for you. Feel free to add (link or attatched) reviews, book summaries or teasers in the post as well for people to take a look at. 
 » NOTE: No book spoilers allowed! If you have to add them, be sure to include a warning.


I know, I know, MORE memes! I'm sorry, but I had to do this one and I swear I'll be making up for this week on the weekend and all of next week. It's been a heavy workload week for me and my blogging time wasn't getting the attention it usually gets. Don't hate me! This new monthly meme is brought to us by the Skype Sisters! Though I only know Amanda at Letters Inside Out, she alone is amazing so you all need to check them out!

My book for this month isn't even up on here until next week, but I thoroughly loved reading it. I'll be giving away a copy of Click: An Online Love Story, so make sure you guys check it out! I won't say too much about it now, but it was a fun storyline and had really fun characters, one of whom you'll meet next week! 


Click: An Online Love Story"Fast approaching her 30th birthday and finding herself not married, not dating, and without even a prospect or a house full of cats, Renee Greene, the heroine of Click: An Online Love Story, reluctantly joins her best guy pal on a journey to find love online in Los Angeles. The story unfolds through a series of emails between Renee and her best friends (anal-compulsive Mark, the overly-judgmental Ashley and the over-sexed Shelley) as well as the gentlemen suitors she meets online. From the guy who starts every story with "My buddies and I were out drinking one night," to the egotistical “B” celebrity looking for someone to stroke his ego, Renee endures her share of hilarious and heinous cyber dates. Fraught with BCC's, FWD's and inadvertent Reply to All's, readers will root for Renee to "click" with the right man."




Photobucket


Q. In books like the Sookie Stackhouse (True Blood) series the paranormal creature in question “comes out of the closet” and makes itself known to the world. Which mythical creature do you wish would come out of the closet, for real?


A: I've been sitting here thinking about it for almost an hour and am no closer to picking just one! This question is evil! One of my random picks would be a Phoenix. I've always imagined them to be graceful yet dangerous if need be. If not that, a trickster would be great to mess with people, haha. Oh...or wait, can I be Alex Mack? Oy...I'll stop.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At August 26, 2011 at 1:32 AM , Blogger Ryssi said...

FIRE BIRDS. <33
I adore phoenixes, plus, I'm a hardcore Fawkes fan too ;D

New follower! http://chroniclesofabookee.blogspot.com/2011/08/meme-follow-friday-no5.html

 
At August 26, 2011 at 1:40 AM , Blogger Bex said...

Amanda sure is awesome. ;) She's the reason I'm starting to go broke with all the wonderful books she's throwing at me! LOL. I haven't seen your Top Spot before, but might not be a surprise if it's not out yet either! Glad you liked it so much. :D

Second time I see phoenix today! Great choice. I never even thought about the "smaller" mythological creatures, but I do love the phoenix! It would sure be cool if they existed. :)

My FF & Top Spot can be found here!

 
At August 26, 2011 at 4:55 AM , Blogger Angela @ Reading Angels said...

Click does sound cute!! I'll have to look it up :)
Thanks for participating in Top Spot!!!
Come check out mine if you get a chance
My Top Spot for August

 
At August 26, 2011 at 6:04 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

I haven't seen anyone mention a Phoenix so far. Interesting choice.

I'm glad you liked Click! I have an interview with author Lisa Becker next week - be sure to stop by and check it out.

Lisa
Alive on the Shelves

 
At August 26, 2011 at 11:27 AM , Blogger Book Savvy Babe said...

For starters, thank you so much for participating in Top Spot! I am one of the Skype sisters, and I really appreciate your joining in the fun. I heard about Click, but I have not read it yet, sounds like a great Top Spot pick though :) Book Savvy Babe

 
At August 26, 2011 at 12:19 PM , Blogger Fireflywishes said...

Thanks for joining in the Top Spot fun! I'm also one of the Skype Sisters :) I haven't read Click but I've heard about it. I don't know if it's my type of book or not but really glad you liked it!

A phoenix is a really GREAT choice! I didn't even think of that! Those would be really lovely to see exist, they are so inspiring.

April @ My Shelf Confessions: FF & Top Spot

 
At August 26, 2011 at 12:47 PM , Blogger Hanna @ Booking in Heels said...

I thought about phoenixes too, but then I thought that I'd want to be able to actually see whatever mythical creature I picked and I always imagine them as kind of rare...

But just imagine seeing one! You'd remember it forever... maybe I should have gone with a phoenix lol.

 
At August 26, 2011 at 1:36 PM , Blogger Amie@Mom Reads My Books! said...

It would be cool to see a phoenix. Thanks for checking out my blog! New follower.

 
At August 26, 2011 at 2:15 PM , Blogger Taylor said...

Phoenixes are awesome! I would love it if they were real :D

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and following me, I'm following you now too! :)

<3
Taylor

 
At August 26, 2011 at 7:22 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

Thanks for stopping by my FF! I'm following you back!! :)

Jess @ The Midnight Bookworm

 
At August 26, 2011 at 8:00 PM , Blogger Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. Love Phoenixes too! Especially Fawkes.
My Hop

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home