This Page

has been moved to new address

Follower Fridays

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Written Rhapsody: Follower Fridays

Friday, August 5, 2011

Follower Fridays




Q: Talk about the book that most changed or influenced your life (was it a book that turned you from an average to avid reader, did it help you deal with a particularly difficult situation, does it bring you comfort every time you read it?)

A: I honestly can't think of just one book that has really impacted me significantly. I like to read and get lost in different worlds for hours/days. In a way, every book impacts me in some way.  One of the first books that I can think of that I ended up really enjoying was Summer Sisters by Judy Blume. It was a simple storyline, but I loved the complexity of the friendship in that book and it's always had me coming back to it over the years.

Labels:

11 Comments:

At August 5, 2011 at 1:30 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your book, I believe that true friendship is one of the most important things. Of course I'm now a new follower^^
This is my Follow Friday.

BTW, I'm hosting three giveaways in my blog and two of them are international (the other one is just for Europe), just click HERE and feel free to enter :D

Alaiel

 
At August 5, 2011 at 5:26 AM , Blogger aparajita said...

Nice Choice
Friendship is an important element of life

New follower
Check out my FF @http://le-grande-codex.blogspot.com/2011/08/follow-friday-2.html

 
At August 5, 2011 at 5:42 AM , Blogger _yay_ said...

It was hard for me to pick just ONE book, too. I went with one I read for the first time when I was 13.
New follower. Happy Follow Friday!
http://bookthatthing.blogspot.com

 
At August 5, 2011 at 9:44 AM , Blogger Bailey said...

I have never read The Summer Sisters but glad that you like it so much! =)

New follower! =D

 
At August 5, 2011 at 11:45 AM , Blogger sinn said...

I'm the same way. I've had books impact me, but nothing really stood out to me as a reasonable answer to the question this week.

New follower ^_^ Happy FF!!

Here's mine: http://sinnfulbooks.blogspot.com/2011/08/follow-friday.html

sinn @ sinnful books

 
At August 5, 2011 at 12:21 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

New follower! Oh, I remember Judy Blume! But it's been so long I don't think I can remember anything I read of her's =(

(If you're interested in visiting my FF post: http://skyink.net/?p=2520)

 
At August 5, 2011 at 12:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww Judy Blume!!!!

Amanda @ Letters Inside Out

 
At August 5, 2011 at 1:26 PM , Blogger Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...

Yeah I feel the same way. Books don't really change my life, but they can hold meaning to me. Great answer!

Here's my FF!

 
At August 5, 2011 at 3:24 PM , Blogger Kristin Aragon said...

Judy Blume is an excellent example. I learned so much from her books!

New Follower!

My Follow Friday

 
At August 5, 2011 at 6:56 PM , Blogger Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I've read most of Judy Blume's but Summer Sisters is one I've missed.
New follower!
My Hop

 
At August 5, 2011 at 9:14 PM , Blogger Christin said...

I love getting lost in books and taking their meaning with me as well. I haven't read this particular book, but I'm sure it's as great as all the books Jude Blume wrote!

New follower here :) Hope you have a great weekend!

My Follow Friday

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home