This Page

has been moved to new address

Book Notes: My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Written Rhapsody: Book Notes: My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Book Notes: My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent

My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers Book 1)"She doesn't see dead people, but...
She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.
Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about the need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next..."




I went on a checkout splurge at the library a few weeks ago and happened to pick this book up. After finishing this book, I put a request up for the others in the series and am now waiting not-so-patiently. I enjoyed this book so much that when I was out of town and saw My Soul to Steal at the airport, I was pained to walk away from it because I want to read it so bad. If there weren't people around, I'd probably be more like him


The world Vincent creates is one that feels very believable and refreshing. Kaylee is a likable character who I felt for with all her struggles. Though she found out she had a secret talent, it didn't make her seem any different after her realizations. The consistency to her character was always very helpful. Nash is pretty dreamy sounding as the male lead in this book. I enjoyed how their relationship began, but hope to have a bit more development in the other books. They seemed to jump from barely knowing each other to relationship fairly quickly. Tod may be my favorite character, though I'm really not clear on why. Maybe it's the blonde curls or the mystery around him as he seems to keep a distance from people. I just want someone to hug him...Or really, just let me do it. 


The storyline was put together but still left me with questions to keep me wanting to read the next books. Though I was able to guess the ending, it was still written in a way that was surprising to the reader. With this books setup, I look forward to seeing where this plot goes.If you're tired of reading about vampires and werewolves and want to be thrown into a different world, I'd definitely recommend picking this up. 

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At August 3, 2011 at 11:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you didn't buy it!!!!!!

That's all I have to say. :P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home