This Page

has been moved to new address

Slip Point by Karalynn Lee

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Written Rhapsody: Slip Point by Karalynn Lee

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Slip Point by Karalynn Lee

"From childhood, Shay had one dream--to join the Space Corps with her best friend and sweetheart, Jayce. When the Space Corps reveals that the father she thought was dead is actually an infamous pirate and rejects her application, the dream dies and she leaves the planet without saying a word to Jayce.
Ten years later, Shay is a pirate herself. She captains her own ship and has earned a reputation as one of the slipperiest pilots around. That's why she's recruited for a dangerous secret government mission. But the cargo she's assigned to smuggle turns out to be a woman with a government bodyguard--Jayce.
Jayce never thought he'd see Shay again, and when the mission forces them together on her ship, he isn't sure he can forgive her for deserting him; but their desire for each other is stronger than ever. Jayce knows he wants to be with Shay, but how can he trust a woman who's both a pirate and the girl who broke his heart?"
Um, hello? How can I not want to read about Space Pirates? I mean the image alone is pretty entertaining in my head. Alright, I know this isn't Johnny Depp in a space suit or anything, but I love me some space entertainment so I thought I'd give this book a shot. 
What I loved initially about this book was that we get a glimpse into different age points of our main characters. I think it helped create a better understanding with personalities and build the conflict because they'd known each other for so long. For a heroine, I really appreciated Shay for being a strong female who could rely on herself to get things done. While I do think she did a few stupid things at a younger age, I still respected her character throughout the story. 
One massive plus point in Karalynn's story is that she actually developed the struggle,heartache and tension between Shay and Jayce. There are so many stories that have characters meet up once again and have them be perfectly fine like nothing ever happened. It's a small thing but I think it makes such a huge difference in a story for me. I really enjoyed their tension and chemistry because I felt for the characters. Jayce seemed heartbroken after all those years, and it was realistic not to just forgive and forget so easily. 
My only issue with this story was that I wanted more detail with the world Lee created. The area was so incredible and had the story had a lot of side plots going on that I wanted more information about. This book could've easily been longer and still needed more time, but for now it's definitely too short. If Lee were to release more on this story I'd definitely give it a read!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At March 22, 2012 at 6:39 AM , Anonymous Amanda @ Letters Inside Out said...

How come you never told me about SPACE PIRATES?!?!?! What kind of friend are you. :O

 
At March 22, 2012 at 11:39 AM , Anonymous AWrittenRhapsody said...

I think I read this on a night I was trying not to wake you up, haha. I'm sorry I had a friend fail moment.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home