This Page

has been moved to new address

Book Notes: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Written Rhapsody: Book Notes: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

Friday, June 24, 2011

Book Notes: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

City of Bones (Mortal Instruments)"When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder—much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing—not even a smear of blood—to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy? 

This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know. . . . "


I think it's pretty mandatory to talk about something in this series if you have a book blog. This book was haunting me before I even read it. Friends would mention it in conversations, I'd read numerous blog posts about it, I'd see books in the series laid about in my school library(yes, I hang out in the teens book section when at visiting the library, don't hate!). This book wasn't going to leave me alone until I read it, and I'm glad I finally did.

There's some books that go into so much detail that it's a pain to get through the pages. This book was definitely not one of them. Clare wrote her settings and characters in a way that made me want to know more information all throughout the book because it drew me in so much. I also enjoyed how the book opened and grabbed me for the ride without a background. What I liked about the storyline was that there was a bit of everything from this genre. What I mean to say is, we had vampires, demons, werewolves, faeries and a bunch of other stuff.  Though the story was a little predictable as I got into it with some cliche characters, they were enjoyable.

Jace was an immediate love for me because of his snarky attitude. What's not to love about a hot guy making you laugh? Though Clary was described as shy, I felt there was a bit of incongruity with her as she was said to be one way, but then would do things a shy person wouldn't. Also, female characters thinking they're forgettable until a hot guy proves them otherwise...Could we please stop them now?  Thanks.


I was more of a fan of Isabelle as she seemed to be a very kick-ass type of personality with a good heart. Simon is totally my homeboy. I can't really explain why, other than saying he's just that person I'd want in my life. I hope to learn more about him and Alex as I think they deserve a bit more spotlight.


Overall this book was a great start for a series I plan to continue to be absorbed in!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home