This Page

has been moved to new address

Dewey's Read-a-Thon

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Written Rhapsody: Dewey's Read-a-Thon

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Dewey's Read-a-Thon

Whooo! 24 hour read-a-thon cram session! Who else is participating? This is where I'll be updating throughout the day. So ya know, stalk away...I like it.

Here is what I will be attempting to complete for the read-a-thon: (I'm realistically probably only going to read two of these, but I'm putting down three because ya never know!)



Bonds of Fenris - 233 pages ~ Finished 135 pages
Casey Barnes Eponymous - 220 pages ~Finished

Total: 822 pages


Update: This is going slower than expected, but I AM readying. Almost done with the first book.

Final Update: I didn't get as much done as I wanted because I kept getting distracted and it was such a nice day yesterday from the crappy weather we've been having. I also fell asleep around 2 a.m. because it was pretty impossible for me to focus on what was going on in the book anymore. Not a total success as I wanted to finish two books minimum. How did you all do?


  1. Which hour was most daunting for you? -Actually, most of it was okay. It was really the last hour I stayed up that was really hard to focus. I had to keep going, "Okay, 5 more pages..."
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? -I thought the set up was great this year, I enjoyed myself. 
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? - Well, I can't really compare it to other years since this is the first year I've participated, but I liked the whole idea of cheering and the hourly contests.
  5. How many books did you read?-1.5 books
  6. What were the names of the books you read? - Casey Barnes Eponymous and Bonds of Fenris.
  7. Which book did you enjoy most?- I'm only half way through Bonds, but Casey Barnes was pretty enjoyable with a pretty awesome playlist.
  8. Which did you enjoy least?- Neither really.
  9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? - I was a cheerleader, I wasn't able to complete too many but I'd say coming up with cheers beforehand is the way to go. I'd leave a normal comment and then as a joke a corny cheer. 
  10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? - Pretty likely to participate again. I really enjoyed myself. If I'm still blogging I'd probably like to host a contest possibly. 

End Total: 355 pages

Labels:

4 Comments:

At April 21, 2012 at 7:32 AM , Blogger Cindy said...

I love read-a-thon's! Wish I would've realized this one was coming up so soon. Good luck with your reading goals :D

 
At April 21, 2012 at 10:43 AM , Blogger Kimberly @ Midnight Book Girl said...

172 Hours sounds really good! Good luck with your readathon.

 
At April 21, 2012 at 3:21 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

Hope yours is going well! <3

 
At April 22, 2012 at 2:18 AM , Blogger Deepali said...

172 hours has a GREAT cover - haven't seen one that good in this readathon..well done so far!

Dee, from e-Volving Books[Team Puck]

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home