This Page

has been moved to new address

Book Notes: You by Charles Benoit

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Written Rhapsody: Book Notes: You by Charles Benoit

Monday, June 27, 2011

Book Notes: You by Charles Benoit

YouThis wasn't the way it was supposed to go.
You're just a typical fifteen-year-old sophomore, an average guy named Kyle Chase. This can't be happening to you. But then, how do you explain all the blood? How do you explain how you got here in the first place?
There had to have been signs, had to have been some clues it was coming. Did you miss them, or ignore them? Maybe if you can figure out where it all went wrong, you can still make it right. Or is it already too late? Think fast, Kyle. Time's running out. How did this happen?"

I've been trying to figure out my thoughts about this book since I finished it and am no closer to deciding  than I was three days ago. I loved the second person narrative as it put the reader into the main characters shoes. The characters were well developed and I was able to feel with them. Kyle, the main character, was written in a way that he's able to be relatable within different ages. Though seen as a "loser" and introvert on the outside, he's shown through his inner monologue to be a person with an outlook that is beyond his years. His relationship with his little sister gives the story it's heartwarming touches as she is the one person who he shows real emotion for. Zack, the antagonist, plays a character that I loved and hated all at once. I continually wanted to punch him as I laughed at some of his comments. 

What left me to not completely love this book was the ending. As I read, I couldn't wait to find out what happened as it was hinted to in the opening scene. The end was complete yet left me with a really unsatisfied feeling. Overall, though Benoit was able to write a story that was immediately grabbing and suspenseful,I didn't see it as the mind-shattering novel it was said to be. 

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At June 27, 2011 at 2:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still want to read this one, but am kind of skittish because I don't usually like second-person POVs. Maybe one day I can get it from the library or something. :\

Amanda @ Letters Inside Out

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home