This Page

has been moved to new address

Follower Fridays

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Written Rhapsody: Follower Fridays

Friday, December 2, 2011

Follower Fridays

Photobucket



Q: What is your biggest pet peeve when it comes to books? Maybe you don't like love triangles or thin plots? Tell us about it!


A: I get really bothered by smart girls doing dumb things. I'm not saying a character can't make mistakes, but I absolutely hate when a female character is suddenly the dumbest person alive when there's a guy involved. I understand if the character's judgement is clouded by love, but I just want to kick them in the face when they repeatedly do dumb things. I'd rather have the character introduced as a girl who makes questionable choices than her having a good head on her shoulders in the beginning and it all going to crap. What about you guys? Please tell me I'm not the only one who occasionally wants to yell at characters.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At December 2, 2011 at 8:56 AM , Anonymous Niina C said...

LOL! You're not the only yeller, for sure! ;)

New Follower. Come see my Friday too! Also don't miss my "The Cowboy and The Vampire Weekend!" with 5 Star Review, Guest Blog, Co-author Interview and a Signed Book Giveaway!

 
At December 2, 2011 at 9:33 AM , Anonymous Kira Burgoyne said...

oh, yeah. that's just terrible. and they're ALWAYS introduced as smart, etc. really? if they're so smart...

Here's PiF's! New Follower!

 
At December 2, 2011 at 11:26 AM , Anonymous Oh! Paper Pages said...

Great answer! I also dislike smart, strong female characters losing their grip on reality when a male walks in the room. New follower :)

 
At December 2, 2011 at 11:59 AM , Anonymous Melliane said...

I can understand, It's always so strange and not very logical. We just want to shake the character all along the book...

Old follower

here is mine

 
At December 2, 2011 at 12:19 PM , Anonymous Carmel @ Rabid Reads said...

Aahh yes, the classic braniac who makes dumb decisions. There's nothing more annoying!

I'm a new follower. :)

Holiday Foreplay Giveaway

 
At December 3, 2011 at 8:12 AM , Anonymous Giselle (Xpresso) said...

Haha I agree sometimes I roll my eyes at some character's stupidity.

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

 
At December 3, 2011 at 10:52 PM , Anonymous Thebookbluff said...

No you're not alone! I'm so there with you on this! love the blog :)

new follower!
http://TheBookBluff.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home